Anxiety & Hashimoto’s tend to go hand in hand.
You may have noticed that leading up to your diagnosis, or since, you’ve developed anxiety. Or, maybe you already had it but it’s gotten worse.
Anxiety with Hashimoto’s is a real thing! It’s not in your head…it’s actually in other places in your body. But those places create a mental imbalance that makes us feel like it’s in our head.
The most important thing to note is that it’s not your fault. But it’s also fixable. In the below video, I take a deep dive into the causes of anxiety with Hashimoto’s. I also give you some things you can do to help curb it.
Causes of anxiety in Hashimoto’s:
- Imbalanced thyroid
- Too much medication for your needs
- Stress over your health or life
- Poor sleep quality
- Blood sugar imbalance
- Hashimoto’s flare
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Food sensitivities
- Poor gut health
It’s important to note that with poor gut health, you’re not making the happy hormones you need. Over 90% of your serotonin is produced in the GI tract. And over 50% of dopamine is produced there.
It’s safe to say that having increased intestinal permeability (aka leaky gut), is one major cause of anxiety and depression in Hashimoto’s.
Below are a few things that you can do to help reduce anxiety associated with Hashimoto’s:
- Identify your food triggers (this is a BIG one)
- Heal your GI tract (always work with a professional on this one to make sure it’s done correctly)
- Manage your stress better by prioritizing self-care – this includes sleep!
- Get regular labs to keep tabs on your thyroid levels
Watch the video and then keep reading!
If you’re ready to take a deep dive into your thyroid and learn how to balance it with food and targeted nutrients, this workshop is for you!
It’s a 90-minute interactive workshop to teach and guide you through the intricacies of the thyroid, including:
- It’s functions
- What can toss it out of balance
- What nutrients you need to balance each phase of the thyroid hormone process
- Where to get those nutrients through food and supplements
This is a one-time LIVE workshop! A recording will be available.
Click HERE to learn more!